Wow, another week blows past… Actually, it’s a little over a week since I’ve been here. Let’s see if I remember any of it…

The plan I had was totally blown apart. Last Wednesday, I spent mid-morning to early afternoon cleaning and cooking Hooligan – small fish my father had dipnetted and given to us. My count was above 60 before I lost track. They had been frozen but I wanted to use them up. Long story short. I had a foul smell in the refrig I had to find and clean up. Thought it was from some Halibut that had leaked at the bottom of the fridge a couple of days before but hadn’t noticed until Tues. night. So, cleaned that up. Still smelled something rank. Must be the freezer which had it’s door slightly ajar a few nights before all night long. (Don’t ask…) So, that means one of the packages of fish or the whole Red Salmon must have partially thawed and leaked in there. Freezer needs to be defrosted anyway (cheapy one as our very good but 20+ yr one died last year and we’ve been making do w/ the “extra” one). Pulled everything out and managed to get most of it into the frig portion but thought I’d thaw the above mentioned fish and use them like I said. The children were eating them as fast as I could clean and cook them!!! LOL When all those were finished, I moved on to the Red. That went faster of course but by this time I was growing fins and gills and looking for the nearest river!!! LOL I composted all the scraps in the garden box. Looking over my shoulder the whole time waiting to be accosted by one of the bears! LOL

Then, we had picked up the co-op order Tues. night and that had to be dealt with which spurred a semi-cleaning/rearranging of the pantry. I was burned out real fast though and only got partially through that and then it was time to get dinner. What?! I have to cook again after all that I did already?! Yes. As the children were growing fins themselves and were looking crossed eyed at the Red. Don’t worry, I made it easy on myself. Canned soup and crackers! LOL

Thurs. I thought I’d finish up the pantry and the co-op stuff. Wrong. Husband Dear wanted/needed me to do business stuff. I knew I needed to do it and had been putting it off…for what I don’t know. Oh yes, I do. That “laundry list” mentioned a couple entries back! Anyhow, Thurs. was spent most on the computer with breaks to cook and direct a few chores.

Fri. I tried to get the pantry/co-op stuff finished AND get back on track w/ that other list plus get outside because I can feel Summer coming to a close and I’m feeling desperate to enjoy the rest that’s left.

Sat. more of the same because Fri. I just didn’t have the cooperation I needed or something. We also learned we needed to go to Seward as W. grandmother has cancer and is not doing well at all. She’s been fighting it many years and the body is showing the toll now…

Sun. was spent in Seward. Words just don’t describe at all how it feels…

Mon. recovery day. And, it rained. So, we all slept in and spent the day reading or doing piddly chores and enjoying a fire in the fireplace. I did finally get the co-op stuff taken care of even if the pantry still isn’t organized how I want it.

Tuesday, again rain and another toasty fire all day. I was on the computer most of the day again too.

Wednesday, yesterday. A little chores, a little business. We went to the park in the evening. That was a very nice break. The two younger children (not the baby) are finally of the age and agility to enjoy all the equipment as their older sisters do. I never tire of watching each one reach these milestones. What a joy to see my younger daughter climbing the monkey bars with her sisters! What a joy to see our eldest son tall enough to get up the steps! LOL And, to shout “whee” as he discovers each of the various slides! It was a little windy but what a joy to see the baby blinking and shaking his little head as his wisps of downy fuzz are blown about and he tries to figure out why! I need more times like these! And, so does my dh. He missed it this time because he was still working…at home. That’s nicer than the alternative. Anyway, eventually that’s what the home business is supposed to bring… I pray God will be in it..through it..all about it…so that it will come to fruition.

So, we’ve had some rainy days. Yesterday was a nice day again weather-wise. Today it is overcast again with sprinkles here and there. The wind though…agh! This has been the windiest summer I can remember! My poor tomatoes are getting hammered! I’ve got 6 or 7 nice ones still green in various stages. If those reach full maturity, I praise God from whom all blessings flow! Really! They’ve successfully been grown from seed, etc. but right at about at the point of enjoying the fruit of our labors natural forces are working against us. Ah, the age old curse of man.

“And unto Adam he said, Because thou hast hearkened unto the voice of thy wife, and hast eaten of the tree, of which I commanded thee saying, Thou shalt not eat of it: cursed is the gound for thy sake; in sorrow shalt thou eat of it all the days of they life; Thorns also and thistles shall it bring forth to thee; and thou shalt eat of the herb of the field: In sweat of the thy face shalt thou eat bread; till thou return unto the ground; for out of it was thou taken: for dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return.” Genesis 3:17-19

As our children often lament…I wish Adam and Eve hadn’t sinned! LOL The raspberry patch is a jungle still by the way… Perhaps, despite the wind, I get in there today. I really must if we are going to enjoy any this year…

That said, I better get moving!